Wednesday, October 24, 2012

READ MY LIPS!

Here is one of the projects I mentioned in may last post. It is a graphic design of my own making. I figured it would be a good creedo to wear on my upcoming videos. Tom says you should look your best when preforming. Not that a t-shirts are my best togs. But for now ... it will do for a learning uniform.

As I type this my shirt has been wash and laundered, just waiting for it to air dry. It is an extra large but I could still stand to loose a few pounds. I'm working on that too. I am air drying to prevent any mor shrinkage that might occur in a dryer. You wash it to take out a sizing that is there to keep it crisp in the store. This allows the decal to be transfered.

While I started doing sketches in my journal, for a change I did this in Photoshop with my tablet on my computer. A step forward. Usually I draw it on paper, scan it into the computer and then in a program I would normally ink and color it. I remember when I first started college, Mr. Hagenbuckle, an art proffessor at St. Petersburg Jr. College, wanted me to learn to draw the pen without drawimg on top of a pencil sketch. Now I need to be able to sketch digatally. Always something to learn. But to really do this it, I need a larger tablet ... a costly item. $2,600 ... Always something else I need.

The drawing is flipped horizonally ... test printed and finally printed on a white shirt t-shirt paper. This will work on the red shirt, however there will be no white ... just red and black. Now all that is needed is to let the shirt dry and iron the shirt. Then you place the paper in place and transfer the design with heat from the iron. When the shirt cools, you peel off the backing.

As always it takes longer than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment