Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dream Dummy

This falls under a want. It is simply a desire. Oh I'm sure that he might be used as "cheeky boy." Built by Selberg Studios, it is a replica of the famous Danny O'Day. I grew up with Jimmy Nelson's show. It was on Saturday mornings ... just before a magician, named Mark ... his show. I also remember vaigley the Paul Winchell show.My first figure was a vent doll of Danny, who I called Andy. It gave me a certain feeling ... an affection for the character and a love and interest in ventriloquisim. Danny is a symbol of these emotions. So the possesion of such an item is definately an emotional one and not a practical one. I mean ... just look at the price. This studio discribes itself as the Rolls Royce of vent figures. They are ... with Rolls Royce prices. I can hear my Auntie Gretchen saying, "If you have to ask the price of something  ... you cannot afford it." The one being sold from the Jimmy Nelson site is $2,200. A big chunk of change for something that might just sit in the corner. These are ment for the professional. They are a quality level that would far exceed most hobbiest needs ... except for desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment