Wednesday, January 16, 2013

KETCHSUP part two:

So I decided to build my own vent stand. They were going for about $125. I found a speaker stand on Amazon for like $20 and thought I was well on my way. I bought a board and some material ... including some velvet, buttons and fringe. I had designed it on paper. It looked good. First off, I got the stand and it looked sort of big. Bigger than it expected. Let me put it like this ... I could have a blacksmith build me a vent puppet. It's definitely heavy duty. Put on the board and it looked ok. Made my patterns ... and found I need new pair of scissors . Sewing by hand ...

Wow ... wish Mom was still alive. We use to make teddy bears together. I designed the patterns and did the hand work. She did the machine work. I can't believe I never learned to sew on a Singer. I have one that my Auntie Donna given me. Never even opened. But I have to learn .... for reasons that will become clear in a later posts. Mom never let me even close to it. Just because when I was three, I stuck my thumb under the needle of pump Singer. No stitches required.

Any way I got the pieces together. Hot glued the fringe and stepped back. I had some froo-froo to add and it just didn't fit. So much for design work. It's a case of less is more.

Lesson learned.

Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment