Sunday, January 20, 2013

KETCHSUP: part 3 ONE STEP FORWARD

OK ... how does the saying go??? "One step forward ... Two steps back."

I've had plenty of experience with that. But lately it's been ... "One step forward, one step back ... one step to the side, one step forward ..."

I had gotten an idea for my Rene figure. I worked on several skits to bookend pieces on both Rene and the figure. I practised routines ... did research and found clips to illustrate points.

But then I decided to explore the concept of editing. You see while I was working on the Rene film, I became aware of how they were editing Jeff Dunham and Terry Fador. It seemed extremely fast. Cuts lasted no longer than six seconds. Boom, boom badaboom! I started looking at these over and over again. Watching. So I decided to make a film where I could try and duplicate what I was seeing. To see if it made a difference. So I got two dialogues together and peg an practise and started working on the feel of the film. And then ...

I got something in my email box. A notice from Axtell ... the puppet company ... about their video challenge. One step forward ... one step back .... one step to the side. So here we go, begining  yet another film.  The real challenge is that I have just to February 15th and I have five minutes as a time limit. I think so far, I have rewritten this about three times ... stressing over each change. I have had to learn to let go of what are major elements. Seeing what effects the timing. Allowing exploration. I am working fast and hard. I have finished my vent stand. The design as mention in the previous post was simplified. I made a laying box for Cluck Cluck. I'm working on opening titles and a process shot. And still practising ... practising ... practising.

No comments:

Post a Comment